Hello guys, today we are going to discuss about an important friend of all the Salesforce Administrator out there.
Yes, you guessed it correctly, we are here talking about Lightning flows.
“Wait What? Lightning Flows? I only heard Visual workflow, is it something different?”
Yes, I had the same question, when I saw the notes of Salesforce Spring 19 Release. It turns out that, it will be just an enhanced version of the Flows that we were using. So it will be same as we were using before, with Just UI getting a serious update with the coming of Lightning experience.
Also dependency of Flash Player is removed now, so who is a happy admin now. I know Astro is.
So why we should use lightning flow? To answer that check out this image.
To keep it simple and Short,
We use flow to write complex logic, so that we don’t have to write additional Apex code to maintain.
Less code, easy to maintain and distribute.
Right, I know even I don’t like much theory. So let’s start with the Hands- on.
To create our first lightning flow, we need to navigate to Flow in setup.
Okay, So in order to navigate to the Flow. Follow these Steps.
- Go to the setup page of Salesforce.
2. Type in Flow, in quick find box, and click on the flow (under Process Automation).
3. Once Clicked on the flow, below is the page you will see.4. Click on new Flow button there to create the flow.
Click on the Screen flow for now and hit create, we will discuss other flow types in later part of the Series.
For Our First Flow, we will build classic “Hello World”.
So for achieving our objective we just need to display one “Hello World” from Flow.
For that we need one screen Element.
- Drag the Screen Component from the Left hand side (from toolbox under Elements) next to start (play button).
- Give Screen properties some valid value.
- Add one display component from the available screen Components. (search for Display text and drag and place it in middle of screen).
And here is Our First hello World Flow.
Stay tuned for the new post. We will deep dive in flows from the next post.
Share the article with your friends and comment your query and review below. We are always excited to get feedbacks.
Related Link: –